Are you ready for energy savings? Enable our cloud-based energy analytics and dashboard for your Carlo Gavazzi VMU-C EM Gateway , to discover, measure and verify savings in the premises you manage. The VMU-C EM is a device used to collect data from a network of energy meters and environmental sensors; its FTP push function enables that data to be periodically transmitted to Wattics for advanced analysis.
It is assumed that your VMU-C EM Gateway already collects data from your meter(s). If not, read and understand Carlo Gavazzi manuals for installing, operating, or maintaining your VMU-C EM Gateway. Installation and program procedures must be carried out and inspected by qualified personnel. Qualified personnel are those who, based on their training and experience, are capable of identifying risks and avoiding potential hazards when working with this product.
Step 1: Register your gateway and data points with Wattics
One of our tech support representatives will register your VMU-C EM gateway, will set up your monthly subscription fee, and will give you access to the Wattics dashboard. You will also receive username and password to use when setting up the gateway to send log files to the Wattics FTP server.
Step 2: Configure your VMU-C EM Gateway
1. Establish a network connection between your PC and the VMU-C EM, using the LAN port of the device:
- Directly connect the two devices (VMU-C EM and PC) through a network cable, or
- Connect both devices (VMU-C EM and PC) to your local network
2. The VMU-C EM default IP address is 192.168.1.110 (unless you have modified it). Access your VMU-C EM webpage by entering the VMU-C EM IP address into your Internet browser address bar.
Note: If you cannot access the webpage, check your PC network settings, your PC must indeed belong to the same sub-network as the VMU-C EM, with an IP address equal to “192.168.1.x”, where “x” must be a number ranging between 1 and 254, other than 100.
3. On the VMU-C EM webpage, click the REGISTERED USERS button, and log in (default username and password are admin/admin).
4. Click on the Configuration icon in the Navigation Menu
5. Three main configuration menus (SYSTEM, PLANT and OTHER VARIABLES) will be displayed, click on the SYSTEM menu.
6. Click on FTP SERVICE, and then SETTING to access the page allowing you to set the parameters for data transfer from your VMU-C EM to Wattics FTP servers.
7. You are now presented with the FTP Service configuration page:
Fill in the fields as follows:
- Enable FTP Service: tick the box
- Server Address: ftp01.wattics.com
- Remote Directory: source
- Server User: enter username provided by Wattics
- Server Password: enter password provided by Wattics
- Client User: leave empty
- Client Password: leave empty
- Upload Time Interval: choose an interval that is greater than your logging period, e.g. 15mn if your gateway collects new readings every 5mn
- Alarms Flag: untick the box
- Measurement Flag: untick the box
- First Delivery (Date/Time): Choose when you want data upload to start
Click Save Settings to save your settings and click Test Connection to test the FTP parameters you set. This will upload a test file onto Wattics FTP server. Once successfully tested (you will see a Test OK message), you can close the FTP Service configuration.
8. Click on the LOGs OK and LOGs ERROR submenus to display the logs that have (haven’t) been successfully exported.
Your data will now be sent to Wattics periodically, log in to your dashboard and get started!