File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard protocol used for transmitting files between computers on the Internet over TCP/IP. FTP allows energy data in .CSV file format to be pushed automatically and periodically to Wattics FTP server. Most head end systems, gateways, PLCs, BMS, DCIMs, etc natively support FTP data push, making it an easy choice for data integration to Wattics.
Step 1: Request your Wattics FTP credentials
Wattics will provide you with FTP credentials within 24 hours:
Host: ftp-collector.wattics.com Username: wattics_123 Password: ADE94bgK Folder: source
Step 2: Configure your system to push .CSV files to our FTP servers
Use the FTP credentials provided to configure your data system. We will be happy to help you figure it out if it proves complicated.
- What data intervals do we support: We support anything from 5mn, 15mn to hourly and daily readings.
- What amount of data should be included in each .CSV file: Normally this would be a rolling 7, 14 or 30 days.
- When should the .CSV file be sent: The earlier the better, but normally this would be on a Day +1 basis.
- What CSV file formats do you support: Check the templates we already support, but we can support your own format too!
- What type of data do you support: We support all types of energy readings and any numeric value such as environmental parameters, metrics, production output, etc
As soon as your system starts pushing .CSV files to our FTP servers, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will run our software parser to do a health check and make sure the data is coming in the right format.
Step 3: Register data points through the FTP Point Activation Mandate (PAM)
We need to know how to process the data in your .CSV files: unique IDs, names, hierarchy between data points, and units.
Fill up a FTP PAM and email it to email@example.com to get your analytics dashboard set up.
Step 4: Receive your Wattics dashboard credentials and start analysing your data
Assuming everything is in order, we will enable your analytics dashboard, request you to register a credit card for the software subscription, and you will then receive an email with log-in credentials to start saving energy!