This posts documents how to upload CSV data to your Wattics Dashboard.
Log in to the dashboard and click on your name in the top right hand corner of the dashboard to select Import Data.
In the User tab, you can either
1) Create a new user if you want a person with no dashboard account to be notified of that data import and be given access to the dashboard (e.g. you upload historical data for a new customer installation)
2) Select an existing Wattics user to which that data import will be associated to (e.g. yourself or the person in charge at the site).
You must then fill in the details about where the data should be located in your dashboard. For that you will need to link the data to an existing organisation, site or meter, or create new ones.
The first step is to select whether you want to create a new organization
or upload data to an existing one.
Then, you must decide if the data belongs to a new site within that organization, or to an existing site.
Finally, you must decide if the data belongs to a new meter or an existing one. If you wish to create a new meter (new data point), you must give it a name, select the meter type (use Environmental Data for any single-value measurement), and the measurement unit. For existing meters, the data uploaded will be appended to existing measurements and will overwrite existing data if some periods overlap.
Time to upload your CSV file to the system. Click on the CSV button to get started.
You can now upload your CSV file with the Upload button, and specify the format of your file.
- The Headers button must be ticked if the first line of your CSV file contains the column headers.
- We will automatically detect the CSV parser (, : ; tab), but you can specify the parser in case you use a specific character not detected.
- You can also tell the system to start parsing the file from line N, so that additional headers can be excluded from the import.
- Finally you must select the time format of your file by informing whether the date and time information are joined or split in two columns, and by choosing the exact date and time formatting.
The next step consists of selecting what column corresponds to timestamps and measurements. The raw data preview helps you avoid making any mistake.
Click on Preview Parsed Data to check that your configuration is correct. Any misconfiguration will show incorrect dates or messages like Invalid Date.
Time to upload your data to Wattics. Click on the Proceed button and review all the information you have entered. Click on the Confirm button to start uploading data, or close the preview page to keep updating. Data upload may take a few minutes depending on how much data you are importing.
That’s it, you can now go back to your dashboard and start analyzing the measurements freshly imported!
Latest posts by Anthony Schoofs (see all)
- Export your Wattics data to Tableau business intelligence software - December 8, 2017
- Connect your Schneider PowerLogic PM8000 meter to Wattics with the Obvius AcquiSuite EMB A8810 Data Acquisition Server - December 7, 2017
- Connect your EIG Nexus 1500 meter to Wattics with the Obvius AcquiSuite EMB A8810 Data Acquisition Server - December 7, 2017